Esteemed Cardiologist with 22+ experience
Dr Vinayak Agrawal has a unique blend of more than 22 years of experience in the field of cardiology with rich experience in Non-invasive, Clinical and interventional cardiology. After his initial internal medicine training, he also acquired nearly 2 years of experience in the field of Neurology after his MD medicine. He is an alumni of Maulana Azad Medical College and University College Of Medical Sciences , New Delhi.
After his initial cardiology practice as consultant cardiology at Escorts Heart Institute and Research centre New Delhi, He moved as a core inception group to Medanta The Medicity and worked for 10 years before moving to Pushpawati Singhania Research Institute (PSRI) , Saket as Director & Head of Clinical Cardiology and Cardiac Imaging in 2019. Recently joined Fortis Memorial Research Institute (FMRI) Gurgaon as Director & Head of Clinical Cardiology & Cardiac Imaging.
He has been awarded the prestigious,
- a) Fellowship of American College of Cardiology (FACC)
- b) Fellow of American Society of Echocardiography (FASE)
- c) Fellow of American Heart Failure Association (FAHA)
He was instrumental in developing,
- 1) Heart Valve and structural heart disease Imaging Clinic at Medanta, the Medicity which dealt with complex valve disease and offered state of the art structural heart disease program like TAVI, LAA closure device, Prosthetic paravalvular leak plugging, Mitral Valve in Valve (TMVR) etc.
- 2) A unique Liver Transplant-Cardiology division at Medanta where he developed a new algorithm for preoperative evaluation of Liver transplant patients, with experience of over 1000 liver transplants.
- 3) “Anticoagulation clinic” in collaboration with industry for mentoring and training of physicians and nurses in management of Anti-thrombotics like VKAs and NOACs.
- 4) Pulmonary Hypertension registry being created in collaboration with Academic institutes nationally.
Other areas of interest are Early heart disease detection, Integrated community Cardiology Clinic, Sports cardiology clinic, Cardio-oncology, Transplant Cardiology.
- a) He is a regular faculty at National and International conferences like American Society of Echocardiography , World Summit of Echocardiography, Indian Academy a) of Echocardiography, Cardiological Society of India , CSI – Delhi, Echo Today and Tomorrow, Medanta, Echo Nagpur, Echo Nadiad, International Liver Summit , IACTA etc , having delivered lectures on wide ranging topics including : Cardiac manifestations in SLE , Echo in Endocrinopathies, Carcinoid Heart disease etc.
Served in various leadership roles like being,
- a) Executive Committee Member, Cardiology Society of India (CSI) Delhi Branch
- b) Member of Editorial Advisory Board for Indian Heart Journal : Cardiovascular Case Reports (CVCR)
- c) Executive Committee Member, Indian Academy of Echocardiography
- d) Joint-editor of the Journal of lndian Academy of Echocardiography
He has served as a Co-investigator in many international clinical trials such as MIRACLE-EF, IMPROVE-IT, AKKA, SOLIDTlMl-52 and PALLAS and Phase III, International Multicenter Randomized double blind, placebo controlled clinical worsening study of UT-15C in PAH. He has been a Guide for DNB thesis.
Member of Ethics committee and Transplant committee at PSRI Course director for 10 years in the running of the National Biannual state of the art Echo-Delhi conference and conducted over 50 cardiology workshops in ECG, Echo, TEE, advanced 3D Echo and strain workshops. He has delivered more than 250 invited faculty lectures and published more than 50 chapters/ reviews/ abstracts in national and international journals.
Name : Dr. Vinayak Agrawal
Mobile No. : +91-8800005506
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Nationality : Indian
Specialty : Clinical Cardiology and Cardiac Imaging
- 1994 : M.B.B.S from Maulana Azad Medical College.
- 1998 : M.D ( Internal Medicine ) from University College of Medical Sciences.
- 2004 : DNB ( Cardiology ) from Escorts Heart Institute.
- March 2009 - Present : Cardiological Society Of India (CSI).
- April 2009 – Present : American Society Of Echocardiography (ASE).
- April 2009 - Present : Indian Academy Of Echocardiography.
- Permanent atrial fibrillation outcome study using dronedarone on top of standard therapy (PALLAS). Sponsor – Sanofi Aventis. [Co-investigator].
- The Stabilization of plaques using darapladib-thrombolysis in myocardial infarction 52 trial (SOLID-TIMI 52). Sponsor – GlaxoSmithKline. [Co-investigator].
- Phase III trial (the AKKA study) with eprotirome in the heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia (HeFH) patients. (prematurely terminated, Oct 2011). Sponsor – Karo Bio. [Co-investigator].
- IMPROVE–IT examining outcomes in subjects with acute coronary syndrome:vytorin (ezetimibe/simvastatin) vs simvastatin. Sponsor – Merck. [Co-investigator].
- MIRACLE –EF study. Sponsor – Medtronic. [Co-investigator].
- Echocardiographic assessment of intra-cardiac masses.
- Isolated Systolic Hypertension.
- Supplement on hypertension.
- Renal and vascular complications of diabetes. Vishal Saxena, Vinayak Agarwal, Vijay Kher. Chapter 4. Renal Function in Hypertension and Diabetes. 2013; in press.
- Echocardiographic assessment of intra-cardiac masses. Vinayak Agrawal. Journal Indian Academy of Echocardiography. 2010; 22: (2): 109-117.
- Requirement of pharmacological treatment for primary prevention of cardiovascular disease in asymptomatic office-executives in north-India. Kasliwal RR, Bansal M, Mehrotra R, Agrawal V, Shrivastava S. Indian Heart J. 2010 Jul-Aug; 62(4):324-9.
- Isolated Systolic Hypertension. Supplement on hypertension. Vinayak Agrawal, Ravi R Kasliwal. Indian Heart Journal, Mar 2010.
- Thrombolyis versus primary percutaneous intervention in ST-elevation myocardial infarction: evidence versus clinical practice. ECAB clinical update. (Elsevier). Vinayak Agrawal, Ravi R Kasliwal. Cardiology, 2009.
- Primary tumor of the heart. Angiosarcoma. Bansal M, Mehrotra R, Agrawal V, Kasliwal RR, Trehan N. Indian Heart J. Jul-Aug 2009; 61(4):383.
- Time-trends in prevalence and awareness of cardiovascular risk factors in an asymptomatic North Indian urban population. Bansal M, Shrivastava S, Mehrotra R, Agrawal V, Kasliwal RR. J Assoc Physicians India. Aug 2009; 57: 568-73.
- Mitral valve assessment using real time three-dimensional transesophageal echocardiography. Rahul Mehrotra, Manish Bansal, Vinayak Agarwal, Ravi R Kasliwal. Indian Heart Journal. 2009; 61:123-25.
- Clinical profile of epilepsy in a tertiary care centre. Kiran Bala, V Agrawal, P Mittal, A Prasad, MM Singh. Neurocon. 1999.
- Angiotensin II receptor blockers: current perspective. Agrawal V, Manohar G, Kasliwal RR. JAPI. 2003; 51: 706-713.